We went to see
Julie & Julia today, and after the movie was over, I felt the same way I always feel when I leave a movie theater: like I am on camera. It's weird. Anytime I go and see a movie (only in a theater) it's like I leave and suddenly everything I say has to be pithy or eloquent, any dialogue I engage in has to be fast-paced, and I most certainly have to refrain from making those crazy faces of mine. In short, during the course of a cinematic experience, I somehow convince myself that my life has been transformed into whatever I just saw. Now, with a movie like
Julie & Julia, it's a pretty good thing, because who wouldn't want to be in that movie? When I see things like
Missions Impossible, or worse,
Scream, things can get a little dicey. Suddenly I will feel the need to start driving fast and erratically on the way home, and I'll be super suspicious of innocent people who pass me by (because of course they are Russian spies).
Is this just me, or does anyone else have similar experiences?
All of this aside, I really have to say how great
Julie & Julia was. As expected, the acting was awesome, and the dialogue nearly made me laugh obnoxiously out loud on more than a few occasions. Plus, and this is going to seem weird, I now have a burning desire to own every piece of clothing in movie-Julia Child's wardrobe. Who knew she was such a great dresser?
(photo courtesy of Wine Chef)
No comments:
Post a Comment