"Wordless Chorus" by My Morning Jacket
I pretty much love everything this band does, which makes a fair amount of sense since almost every song they do sounds different and I'm a big fan of variety. This particular song has a lot of variety just within itself. Like yesterday's song, it is pretty groovy, but its tone is neither happy or sad, more contemplative maybe. I especially love what sounds like some sort of ode to Elton John's "Bennie and the Jets" at 4:02.
If you haven't heard any of their other stuff, it's fairly hard to recommend anything since, as I said before, it's all pretty different. They do a pretty rockingly haunting cover of "Rocket Man" (again, Elton John...hmm), and as ballads go, "Knot Comes Loose" is incredible. "Off the Record" is the first of their songs I ever heard, and it's a pretty danceable tune.
I actually did find a good internet version of this one. Find it below and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment