It may just be that the flight for which I currently wait is the shortest of the weekend, but I'm finding myself especially satisfied with the time I am spending the ole Philadelphia airport today. A few things:
1. Au bon pain! The chicken caesar wrap I bought for dinner is taking me back to high school and the long shifts I used to work at the Gap. On my lunch breaks, I always got a chicken caesar wrap at Au bon pain and then took it back to the break room, stowed myself away in the corner, and read (or watched Titanic...) while I ate. I don't miss the Gap, but I do miss those wraps.
2. I found a delightful little rocking chair, all by itself, in front of a window overlooking the airfield. I got to eat in peace and watch the activity and surprising variety of vehicles that drive around the perimeter of the terminal.
3. My one hour flight from Philadelphia to Hartford, for some reason, is taking off from the international terminal. As a result, I am hearing all the announcements in English, French, German, and Spanish. It's oddly exciting.
I'm getting closer to home after a wonderful weekend in Phoenix. It was a great way to close out the summer.
1 comment:
LIKE.
Post a Comment