It's been an absurdly long time since I last posted, but that's okay.
It's Thanksgiving, and I'm back in New Hampshire, one of my favorite places on Earth. This morning, J, my sister and I joined a 5k race in Portsmouth, my someday-I'll-live-there dream city. J ran the race in 26 minutes or something, which I think was a record for him; one of our friends from work joined us and spurred him on. My sister and I walked. I would have liked to run and maybe will run the next one, but I sprained my ankle in September and still can't seem to stay upright very well, so I haven't exactly been running these days. Luckily, the race course was essentially a tour of some of the prettiest houses in Portsmouth, so my sister and I spent the whole time pointing out houses we wish we could own. If you've never been to Portsmouth and have a spare day in New England, I highly recommend it.
So, the day started early but in a lovely way. My parents came to cheer us on, so the whole family was involved in one way or another. After a quick trip to Shaws and Dunkin Donuts (two New England staples), we came home and now are cooking up a storm. Mom is in charge of most things, but I convinced her to let me make my favorite cranberry sauce, and Jeremy is making a cheese ball appetizer (literally a cheese ball, not an appetizer a cheesy person would make). We already listened to "Alice's Restaurant," and now we are watching football (odd for my family, but my husband is here now).
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, all!
1 comment:
Like!
Post a Comment