Sunday, September 27, 2009

if you ever need an ice breaker on a plane...

On Saturday morning, we flew down to Virginia for our friend Lexi's gorgeous wedding. Honestly, it was all just so beautiful, from the bridesmaids' (and bride's!) shoes, to Lexi's perfect wedding dress (I mean it - some people choose dresses that are totally wrong for them, but she got it just right), to the AWESOME, giant, unbelievably delicious cupcakes. The best part was, of course, that we got to see a bunch of friends we never get to see. Thank goodness for weddings.

A quick peek:















I love that picture on the top, but my camera is a bit slow and I accidentally cut off Brian's head while trying to take the picture. But doesn't Lexi look pretty? I love the way they are smiling at each other. And, how cool is that cut out behind them during the ceremony?

Unfortunately, our stay had to be really short because we both needed to get back to do work and make sure Quincy didn't tear our apartment down (we left him alone over night for the first time!). All in all, we spent less than 24 hours in Virginia, leaving on an 8:45 flight this morning. But, because we had so much fun, we took a souvenir home.


This is the part, Lexi, where I apologize for taking a centerpiece off a table, because I'm not entirely sure we were supposed to. If you want it back, I will happily mail it. They were just so cute, and by the end of the night, we had already subconsciously placed one on our mantle, so we decided to take a risk. Needless to say, we didn't really have a bag that could act as a proper container for our little sailboat, so it got first class treatment all the way. And believe me, EVERYONE noticed and commented. One of the airport security workers made an announcement that all electronics and sailboats must go through x-ray, and since we were at the end of the boarding list for both of our flights, we got a lot of weird smiles and laughs as we made the long walk to the end of the plane. On both flights and a few times in the airport, our boat sparked some funny little conversations. You should know, Lexi, that everyone thought it was adorable and a great idea.
And now, we have a great reminder of a wonderful weekend:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post! HAHA! Sooo amazing! I'm so glad the lil' boat made it to your home safely and that you all had such a great time! I am so happy you all could make it, it meant the world to both Brian and me! Oh and a quick "unofficial" thank you for the beautiful Cherry blossom painting, Brian and I hung it up in our room and get to wake up to it every morning. Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

PS: The number comes off if you want it to. :)

Meredith said...

I love the number!

Anonymous said...

HAHA! Awesome! Hopefully it will stay on forever! :) Love the pics you posted, especially the one of Jeremy carrying the boat on the plane and the wedding ones of course! Please post more!

Kathy said...

I love how Jeremy's shirt matches the sailboat.