Thursday, May 14, 2009

healthy obsession?

So, for the past few days, I've been sort of obsessed with Feist's The Reminder. I bought this album when it came out two years ago, and for some reason I was disappointed with it (maybe because the reason I bought it was for the song "1234," which is so not the best song on here, and I just didn't pay attention to the others). Then, a few months ago, I saw this video (the second one) on Naomi's delightful blog, and amidst its awesomeness, I thought I heard a song I recognized. I went and found my dusty old copy of The Reminder, and lo and behold, I did know the song! This week I downloaded the album onto my computer and have since been listening to it as my grading background music. The only downside is I tend to get so excited and in to the music that I zone and out completely procrastinate on that big ole stack of papers that's piling up on my desk, in my bag, and maybe on the floor. Ah well, I am a procrastinator by nature.
Anyway, I love love love this album , especially the song in Naomi's video (the dancing they're doing is exactly what I want to do every time I hear it).
I also love this one for when I'm all broody and melancholy. I especially love the echo on her voice at around 1:18:



And this one is fabulous, too:



Aren't these beautiful songs? I highly recommend the album if you are not listening to it already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feist is one of my favorites! I especially love My Moon My Man! She has such a great voice! If you want another great song, check out Heartless Bastards (strange name I know) and the song The Mountain. Personally I love the woman's voice, you can find it on youtube. :)