Today we had some seriously old bananas hanging around, so I decided to make some banana bread. I used a recipe I have used before, but for some reason the batter got super thick when I stirred in the flour, so I had to add in milk to thin it out. And then when I baked it, it overflowed so much that half its volume ended up on the bottom of the oven. Ummmm.
After I scraped the extra batter off the smoking heating coils, I let the bread continue to cook, but since it wasn't done when the timer went off, I decided to leave it in a little longer. Only then I got distracted and went to go put a quilt top together and 30 minutes later remembered that, oh yeah, I had a mass of dough hanging out in in an insanely hot oven. Ummm again.
Maybe I just cooked too much stuff today? After making two soups, maybe it was just too ambitious to go for a third project. Regardless, I clearly have yet to learn my limits in the kitchen.
In a funny little twist, Jeremy just came in and told me this was the best banana bread he had ever had. He does have an odd propensity for burned things...
No comments:
Post a Comment