Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Teavana

How is it possible I did not know about this place? I am a confirmed tea addict, so much so that I have convinced myself that I cannot teach a single class without a cup of tea in my hand (granted, this is partially because I love tea, partially because I think it makes me look academic, and partially because taking a sip is like the teacher's version of those Twix commercials).
Last week we were at the house of our friends Trevor and Stephanie, and Steph found out I had never been to Teavana. She dragged out all of her bounty from this wondrous place; I smelled them and all, and it looked exciting, but I didn't get that sense of urgency that usually spurs me to drop everything and go in search of whatever non-essential item I've gotten into my head lately. Then today, I was at the mall doing some other stuff and passed Teavana. I remembered I was supposed to go in, and HOLY CRAP! It's incredible. They have the most beautiful teapots and cups I have ever seen, and a huge variety of them at that. There are also beautiful little containers one can purchase to take the tea home in (which I did). And then there is the WALL of TEA. I couldn't even count how many kinds there were, but they were all in huge containers that came with their own scoops, and customers order them by the ounce. As soon as I walked in the door, I saw a sample of "Lavender Dreams" leaves, and it was over. I immediately chose a container and marched to the wall of tea to order my own lavender to take home (lavender happens to be another infamous weakness of mine). Match made in heaven.
So now I am sitting her finishing my first ever mug of lavender tea with natural honey, and it is by far the most delicious thing I have ever tried. Delight.

No comments: