I have seven advisee comments to write before tomorrow. After recently having finished 40 letters of college recommendation, this is the last thing I want to do.
One of the kids in the dorm officially withdrew today. That's all there is to say.
I'm pretty sure I wandered into the frame of a student's film project, and now I may forever be immortalized. On video. On student video.
Tonight is my fourth night of duty in a row.
The Good:
Last night, I found a copy of The History of Love in the dorm book closet. This is the same book I still hadn't managed to finish by the time it was two weeks overdue at the town library.
I just bid on a vinyl copy of Van Morrison's Astral Weeks. Fingers crossed! I will like it almost as much as the copy of Rumors my brother-in-law gave me for Christmas (pillaged from my father-in-law's collection).
I am two episodes into Downton Abbey and can safely say I have never loved another show as much. It's just perfection. (A momentary digression back to the "Bad" column: It took me five tries to correctly type "safely" in that last sentence.)
Last night, I took my dorm to see Sherlock Holmes. While it wasn't my first choice, it was an exceptionally beautiful movie. More importantly, the boys were well behaved, perhaps angelic.
My husband is back from Detroit and has four internship interviews this week.
My apartment has mostly stopped smelling like an animal died in the walls.
I have discovered NPR Tiny Desk Concerts, and they complete me.
I am tired, but in an accomplished sort of way.
I put the Bad first not because I want to emphasize it, but because leaving the Good for last means it's the one that sticks in the memory. Also, see how the Good list is longer than the Bad? That is purposeful.
No comments:
Post a Comment