Monday, March 29, 2010

Harney & Sons

I spent a lovely day yesterday with my friend Martha at Harney & Sons in Millerton, NY. I can't really list all of the elements that made me fall head over heels for this place, but to start: the tasting room (EVERY tea they make in beautiful tea tin-sized shelves lining the walls), our tea consultant (!!), a delicious lunch in a charming restaurant, the decor (did I mention the tea bookcases?), and, of course, the amazing tea. Suffice it to say, after the sixth time I told Martha I wanted to literally pack up my things and move into the store, I think she got the point. I will most certainly be returning, and next time I'll remember my camera.
Also, we met John Harney! We're high rollers.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I think I gave you some of their tea at Christmas, didn't I?