Tuesday, September 27, 2011

on what I can't say

It's no secret that I live (literally) at work and that it consumes my life. I've accepted that as a condition of my employment, and often that's actually one of the things I love: there is no better way to feel truly invested in one's profession as when it really and truly is part of every piece of one's life.

The downside is that so much work saturation means I have a lot of occasions where I just need to rant. Theoretically, this blog would be perfect for that, but every time I go to write a new post, something stops me. We all know that nothing on the internet can truly be secret, and there's always some way for someone to see something you don't intend, and I'm just paranoid enough to assume that that's exactly what will happen to me. My blog isn't searchable on Google, and I don't have the address posted anywhere, but I know that some students actually devote time to trying to find their teachers' Facebook profiles, blogs, etc. So even if I keep it completely anonymous, if anyone related to my school ever did find it, the cognitive leap wouldn't be too hard to make.

So, as much I have hilarious stories to tell and rants I would love to just get out, I have to keep it to myself for now. And that's difficult sometimes, especially in weeks like this one, where the newness of the school year has worn off and things start getting real.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I love you. I'm having a tough week, too.