Sunday, November 8, 2009

absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Sooooo, I've been a little....absent, lately. Not that any of you is surprised; I've done this before. I'll cite my usual busyness - teaching, coaching, the dorm, grading, and so on and so on. Oh, and a flu outbreak (insert 5 minutes of my panicked screams here - okay, I'm done). So I'm busy as usual but abnormally freaked out, and I should be blogging more because that would take my mind off of it, but alas, that apparently did not occur to me before now.

So that's all. Now for something funny:

This is a picture of Matilda after she got a little too curious about the bath water and fell in. Unfortunately for me, I was in the other room and didn't see any of it, although I did hear it (lots of scratching, a giant splash, and rustling/ripping of the shower curtain) but the aftermath was funny enough that I think I killed more than a few brain cells from oxygen deprivation as I laughed. This picture was taken a good ten minutes after she actually fell in, because it took that long to coax her out of hiding under the bed. The down side was that everything in our room (the carpet, the curtains, the bed) was soaked, but the up side was that it all (including the cat) was delightfully perfumed by the scent of lemon verbena bubble bath.


Here is Quincy, with a great deal of trepidation, checking out the scene of the crime. Like our mint green-tiled walls? Wait until you see the watermelon paint that goes with them...no, I'm not kidding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What color did you use on your walls?? Thats the color I want in our bedroom! :op

Meredith said...

It's "Alexandria Beige" by Benjamin Moore. It's more of a brown than it looks here; I always say it looks like we are sleeping in a bowl of melted chocolate ice cream.

Anonymous said...

Well sleeping in a bowl of chocolate ice cream sounds dreamy! Sign me up! :)